Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Brookie!!


I can't believe that two years ago my little Brooke was born. We got the surprise of our lives that day in the operating room. We had two boys already and having NOT found out the sex of the baby while I was pregnant I was sure it was going to be another boy. And I was totally fine with that. Being the only girl surrounded by three loving boys and their father didn't sound half bad. But I now realize, well a while ago actually, how badly I wanted a girl. There's just something about little girls.

Happy Birthday to my little angel. I love you sooooo very much. And, one day, when you have a daughter of your own you'll understand. Just as my dad said to me when Christopher was born "now you know...". I truly do know. I now know that there is no greater power than the love a parent has for his/her child. There is no greater instinct to teach, protect and care for. I probably sound like I'm rambling. But that's what happens when I try to articulate how much I love my children.

Happy birthday Brooke.
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment